Wednesday 21 February 2018

Depeche Mode in Helsinki

So me and my friend went to see Depeche Mode in Helsinki on Sunday! I would have so much other updates too but I'm going to focus on stuff about this trip and hopefully make another post soon!

This time we decided to take seats instead of floor tickets. Sure the view wasn't as good as it would have been on the floor, but I managed to get some decent seats anyway.


So yeah what's there to say, they were amazing! David was on flames, it was a real joy to eyes and ears.


I'm so glad they played stripped, I was over the moon and back to be able to hear that song live.


There would have been a after party at a bar after the gig, but the band ended a bit before eleven I think and we were pretty exhausted. From Hartwall arena we took a local train back to the Helsinki center. Oh my gosh, almost everyone from the concert wanted to fit on the same train back, even though there runs a train almost every 5-10 minutes. It was really scary. I hate crowds as it is. 


The whole concert felt like it was over in an instant. I was in such trance through the whole thing. 

I'm a bit sad I didn't take any pictures of our hotel. It was this castle'ish place in the center called Glo Hotel Art.


We got some merch also. The scarf was a must have, even though it's a bit short. 


We also did some other shopping in Helsinki on Monday. We went to Somsola which is a crystal shop. Got an amethyst cluster and a chunk of obsidian and my friend bought me this pendulum! I have wanted one forever. Also got the Crow feet platter from the Destiny Store. I think it would be really cool if I would place one of my glass dome displays on top of the platter..


Just last week I got a new record player and I am feeling the need to hoard some vinyl. Gonna blog about that later. Got these two expensiveish records from Levykauppa ÄX. If I would have had the money I would have gotten like 10 LP's from there and it was really though to choose just these two. The black celebration fit really well with the trip I suppose, it's my favorite album from them after all. 


Also I saw this taxidermy butterfly in a flea market showcase. I fell in love with it instantly and even though its was a tad expensive too, I just had to take it home with me. There was two other ones as well but this one just resonated with me somehow. My friend ended up taking home one of the other two. 

All in all a great trip! I took a few days off from work to go, and it was a really nice change of scenery for a while. But I dunno, I don't hate going to work these days anymore. Sure I have those times when I would rather die than got to work. But all in all it's not terrible. There's a bunch of nice people there after all. Though some of those people have left and it always makes me a bit sad to see another one go. 

But anyways, hope everyone is doing well and I'll be sure to try my best updating as much as possible!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, tuo korppilautanen <<<3 Destiny store tuntuu olevan kyllä melkoinen aarreaitta (käytin sitä esimerkkinä eräässä markkinoinnin koulutyössä :D) Oli varmasti mieleenpainuva konserttikin ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Se on kyllä komea :D Harmitti kun niillä ei ollut enään niitä saman sarjan yksittäisiä kynttilänjalkoja. :( Siellä olisi kyllä ollut kaikkea hienoa jos vain lompakko olisi taipunut siihen :'D Ja oli kyllä mahtava konsertti! ^^

      Delete
  2. Oivoi, pääsispä joskus näkemään Depeche Moden, nyt meni tämä keikka ohitse ja viimeksi olin rahaton. Ja Destiny on ihan paras.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eiköhän sulle tule vielä tilaisuus! :) Ja joo olis siellä kyllä kaikkea hienoa!

      Delete
  3. Ihania ostoksia! Nuo Destinyn sisustustuotteet kovasti houkuttelee aina ja tuo Somsola oli mulle ihan uusi tuttavuus! Täytyy joskus käydä siellä ihmettelemässä :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joo kannattaa käydä somsolassa jos on helsingissä päin! Siellä on kyllä kaikkea tosi nättiä! :)

      Delete
  4. Seems like your enjoying this concert. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete