Sunday 18 June 2017

Skinny Puppy, Cat Café and Shopping

Few days ago on Friday, me and my friend traveled to Helsinki to see Skinny Puppy. They were just amazing live and I'm super happy we got to see them so close. A bit sad that they didn't allow even digital cameras on the venue so I had to leave mine to the cloakroom, but if that's what the band wants I suppose it's only fair.


I was really super sleepy the whole Friday. I had to wake up to work at 4am and right after work I had to hurry to the bus station and sit in the bus for 3-4 hours. Then hurry up and get to the hostel and get the makeup on and the clothes on and then navigate to Tavastia. I'm also forever sad that I forgot to get some cash so I could had bought the tour shirt, but I suppose I'll live.
 

I had a really nice time in Tavastia. If you don't mention some crazy people who really didn't seem to take other people in consideration at all while they were in a fanboy high or something. But I eventually found a calmer spot where I could just enjoy the music and performance, and not have to worry about people's elbows in my face. 


On Saturday we had some time before our bus and train would leave so we did a bit of shopping around Helsinki! I was so happy to do this since I live in a tiny city now, and you just can't shop here. Not even second hand shop, it's terrible. But after some second hand shops we ran in to the cat cafe Helkatti! First we thought that you'd probably need a reservation to get in there, but we tried anyway. So luckily they had some space as we arrived and we got in! 
  

They have 8 cats and they were adorable. Though we didn't really manage to see all of them. We mostly played with this girl, I think her name is Tuli, super playful and friendly but not really keen on petting. I ordered a club sandwich, and you can choose two topping for it, and so I chose mozzarella and marinated red onion. I have to say, even though it was the most expensive sandwich I have ever eaten, it was also the best one!

I do highly recommend the Helkatti cat cafe but definitely make a reservation. I saw so many people get turned away at the door because they were full. It's also a cafe you want to take your time with, at least an hour.  


After the cafe my friend spotted a record store. I just had to get in there to browse the used cd's section. I took a while but I found these gems among the clutter. There were also so much LP's I would had loved to browse all of those too but our time kinda ran out. Maybe next time.


Earlier in the day we browsed some mainstream shops like H&M and Gina Tricot and I picked up these items. Pusheen payjama pants (shuddup, I love pusheen D: )and the laced up crop top are from H&M. The waist belt and the lace crop top is from Gina Tricot. 

I did also do some amazing finds from a flea market we went to. I found a Spin Doctor jacket and a HUGE FLUFFY Victorian'ish skirt from Sinister. Which I love to bits, tho I can't fit it in my wardrobe and it was a real pain in the ass to haul all the way home. But you'll see pictures of those pieces eventually, maybe around Lumous Gothic festival..? :')

7 comments:

  1. Just saw Skinny Puppy at WGT! :D Or, well, HEARD, it was so crowded and I'm really short xD
    Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noes, I can imagine it must not be the best situation to be short in. :'D

      Delete
  2. Skinny Puppy and a cat Cafe! Best weekend ever! Ha, I got Pusheen PJs from hm too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! :D
      Everyone needs a little bit of Pusheen. :')

      Delete
  3. A cat coffee! Wait, café? It's the spanish word for coffee XD I really want to go but in my village it's impossible and in the city I think there is no one ... Someday :(
    I like the pusheen's pants and the belt and lace top, I saw belts in Stradivarius like that but I didn't buy it... Well, have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehee :D
      I'm sure you'll get to go someday too!
      Pusheen is just too awesome~ Thank you, you too!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this information. Fully Help Me... Pakistani Kurtis

    ReplyDelete