Sunday 21 May 2017

Summer shoes and planning

The summer weathers have even reached Finland. It kinda put you in the mood to start planning and shopping for summer. Though I am not sure how much I can plan since I'll probably have to work most of the summer with a few weeks of leisure time at least. 

(If you don't want to read a icky story about tooth removal and hospitals, please skip from here to below the first picture.) 
Last week was not very sunny though. 2 weeks ago Tuesday I got one of my wisdom teeth pulled once again. At first it seemed like it went well, even thought I had problems with opening my mouth and it kinda hurt to swallow. But I went on with my life with painkillers and just thinking it will pass. It didn't. On that Saturday we had a work day and I was really hating it. Not to mention the swallowing pain got so intense that I just wanted to die. It was even painful to talk, and you can imagine how horrible it was to be at work where you have to talk all the time.

On the first break I went to the bathroom and tried to glance at the back of my mouth through the mirror. It was hard but I saw a big yellow lump in there and I poked it and it hurt like fukkin hell.

I decided I needed to show it to a doctor or a dentist so I left in the middle of the day. So to keep it short, that night I ended up in the hospital ward in Turku, crying while the nurse tried to comfort me and give me painkillers. I stayed there for 3 days. On Sunday the operated on the lump and the pain pretty much was gone after that. But apparently there was a some sort of infection so they wanted to keep me there for few more days.

I had never been on a ward before and it was horrible. Tubes going in your wains, no privacy, just laying there all day, interesting food that I couldn't even eat and on the top of that, sleeping was hard as hell. If the nurse had not brought me a phone charger when I first came there, I would had gone bonkers.

But anyway I feel better now. I got some antibiotics. However I can't quite open mu mouth all they way yet. Though it's getting a slightly better each day and I hope it will fix itself in time.

So warm today!
Shoes - Fantasy Shoes, second hand
Skirt - H&M
Top - Flea market
Belts - Flea markets
Gloves - Ebay
Undershirt - H&M
But enough of that! I have been trying to plan this summer a little. Reserving some hotels and buying some tickets. 

First thing would be seeing Skinny Puppy 16th of June in Helsinki! 
And then the medieval fair in Turku 1st to 2nd of July
 and then of course the Lumous Gothic festival 14th to 16th of July.

That's what I have for now anyways. Of course I want to do even more stuff since it's going to be my first summer when I actually have decent money. Not decent enough to go to WGT in few weeks though. Which made a bit sad. But now it should be easy for me to save for next year. *sigh*

But anyways, I noticed a lack of sensible and usable summer shoes in my closet. I usually just use my combat boots all year around but this year I wanted to have some more options so I went a bit crazy with it.


First off I got these Demonia Kera -08's from Boutique Lou Lou. I had been eyeing them for a while and it seemed like the cheapest place to order them.


Then I got these Demonia Stomp-16's. Which I weren't really planning on buying, but they jumped out on me on a facebook flea market page. And they're brand new!


 And then another pair from the facebook flea market. Demonia Ranger 301's. These have some slight ware on them but nothing major. Still in great condition!

At least my feet wont run out of stuff to wear this summer!

So, have you already made plans for this summer?

18 comments:

  1. Sorry you had to go through that... Sounds awful. Hope it heals well. I think I say this every post, but you have the best belt collection. I've got to get some sensible so summer shoes myself. I basically go from boots to flip flops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was an ordeal, but I'm glad it's over and I hope it's over for good.
      I do have a huge belt collection, half of them probably have never even been on this blog yet, oh gosh. Hehe, ain't nothing wrong with the ye olde flip flop-boots combo either. But hope you find something nice! :')

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously now, other people's opinions really don't matter to me. I like Demonia shoes and that's that. It's silly to limit yourself from buying something you like based on something like that.
      Those are nice enough shoes, but not really for my style with the frills.

      Delete
    2. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. I was not ment to offend you.
      Just wanted to give you a tip on shoes I thought you might like.

      Delete
    3. Hey it's fine. I might have overreacted a bit. I just have all my defenses up when it comes to defending my style choices. I guess it was the word "boring" that touched a nerve or something.
      And seriously, thanks for the tip, the shoes were really nice, I might have even bought them if they didn't have the frills. But I bet they look great on you!

      Delete
  3. Oh boy, teeth problems, one of the worst pains for me. I had pus in my gums once, the doctor had to literally scrap out a chunk of rotten bone, but luckily I haven't been put on observation.
    Also, I envy you for being able to survive summer in shoes that cover your feet fully. I'm losing a lot of goth points here, but personally I'm unable to withstand high temperatures without sandals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh dear, that sounds AWFUL! >: Teeth problems are the worst.
      My feet don't really sweat much so I guess that's why I can survive with boots. But of course one should use sandals if needed. :') I do however have a pair of demonia platform sandals in my closet as well, maybe I'll bust them out too this summer!

      Delete
  4. Sulla on aina niin makeita kesägoottiasuja että ihan tässä inspiroituu !

    ReplyDelete
  5. En ees aloita hammasjutuista, kamalia nämä D: Mutta hyvä että selvisit elossa! Kivoja kenkälöytöjä, pitäis itsekin tehdä postaus kirpparikenkälöydöistä! Ja ehkä törmätään lumouksessa, tota oman elämänsä teknodiktaattori Nachtmahria olis vissiin pakko mennä katsomaan! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Niin ovat :/ Ihan arvaamattomia joskus! Olen kyllä itsekkin ihan iloinen että olen elossa :D
      Uuuuh tee ihmeessä, olisi hauska nähdä mitä oot löytänyt! :>
      Todellakin pitää mennä katsomaan! Toivottavasti siis törmätään siellä ja toivottavasti en ole juonut liikaa. :'D

      Delete
  6. Another gorgeous outfit! :) Good choices on the new shoes. I especially like the ones with zippers.

    Sorry to hear about the nightmare with your tooth and the hospital stay. :( I hope you heal fast so you can get on with your fun summer plans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      Ah well, that stuff just happens sometimes. Thanks, it already feel pretty healed, at least I hope so! :')

      Delete
  7. Shame you can't make it to WGT! I'll be going for the 5th time this year, and I'm bringing people too! Can't wait to see so many awesome people and bands.
    I also plan to see Ministry in less than a month, and go to a black metal festival in august.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it sucks. :( But it's also not only a money issue but I have worked in my new job only for a so little time that I can't take that much time off yet. Fukken NEXT year it finally seems plausible and not just a dream.
      Gahhh I am so jealous! Hope you have loads of fun at the festivals! :)

      Delete
  8. All those shoes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete