Monday 12 January 2015

Hobble Skirt

I recently acquired two second hand pencil skirts. I am new to any kind of pencil skirts so I really didn't know what to expect. Seriously, I have never worn a pencil skirt in my life. Why? Well, I never quite liked the look of them before. In my head, the skirt had to be so short that you might accidentally moon people, or so long that it touched the ground.

But yeah recently I have been warming up to them and I bought a couple.


This is the first one, it's from Necessary evil. Putting on this skirt was definitely a whole new experience. When I first slid it on my first reaction was, "oh noee, it can't be too small!" But when I closed the zipper the fit seemed perfect, just one problem... How do you walk!?

I mean the skirt doesn't give up, not even a inch. Only thing I can move is the lover part of my legs, which seemed kind of problematic considering putting on shoes or walking stairs. I still thought it might be too small for me, but it was my normal size and I thought that if it was size bigger it would just be too loose in the upper part. So what's the deal here?

Then I did something anyone would, googled it. "How to walk in tight pencil skirts" I kinda thought it might be stupid to google that, but people were actually talking about it in different sites. The term "hobble skirt" came up.

So, what's a hobble skirt? A hobble skirt is a skirt that is designed to more or less restrict the movement of the legs, making you kinda... hobble. Around 100 years ago hobble skirts were the ultimate high fashion. Women deliberately sew their skirts so that they would restrict leg movement. They saw the hobbling to be a extremely feminine way to walk.

Nowdays you can't see hobble skirts in the street. They are considered just too unpractical. But apparently they are very popular as fetish and bondage wear.

I got excited about hobble skirts and read several articles about the subject. I also watches some videos of people walking with hobble skirts. Ahh! I just fell in love! The confident appearance and the feminine push it gives to your appearance, it's just amazing.

I don't know, this might be really clear to all of you, and you are just wondering why am I talking about this so much. But this is like a new world to me, bloody hell. xD


Well anyhow, the second skirt I got was this punk rave skirt. It's so beautiful! And there's even room to move legs, haha!


Not a skirt but these babies arrived today! I got them at a really good price so of course my weak mind gave in to them... DAMN IT!

No full outfit picture today.. I have been feeling sick and when I feel sick I just can't concentrate on putting clothes on, nor make-up. I have had this damn cough and a cold for over two weeks and I am really getting sick of it. Tomorrow I have a time at the school nurse and I hope she can do SOMETHING, ANYTHING plz. It makes it even hard to fall asleep with all the: "coughcoughhfdjghb". Last night I slept like 2-3 hours.

There was the Awesome games done quick stream that ended yesterday, I used to watch it until I fell asleep, and it helped! But now when it's not on anymore it's just me and my thoughts.. ._.

I'd have to concentrate on school work since in 3 weeks I don't have to step in that school everrr againnnnnn!! But still can't concentrate damn it. xD

10 comments:

  1. Those skirts are cute! I couldn't do the hobble skirt thing myself, I don't like the feeling of my thighs rubbing together, so when I made my pencil skirt I used a stretch poly spandex suiting. It looks tight but allows me to move! And I'm not tripping over myself like in other skirts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I definitely have to find a skirt like that too, you know for lazy days! ;D And a hobble skirt is definitely NOT good for slippery weather! So around winter something more movable would be nice indeed! :)

      Delete
  2. Those are some cute skirts! I too have had a lingering cold for almost two weeks! Hope you geel better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh noee, not you too! It's something about this time a year that brings these things... :(
      Thanks, I kinda feel like it might be starting to go away maybe.. *fingers crossed*
      Hope you get well soon also! :)

      Delete
  3. Oon kuolannu näitä molempia hameita monesti <3 itekki aloin käyttää tälläsiä hameita vasta pari vuotta sitten, sitä ennen olivat liian virallisia, kun tottunut että hame on joko mini tai maahan ;) töissä kynähameet on jees ihan arkisin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joo! Itsekkin kyllä nämä ostin ihan sitäkin ajatellen kun aloitan työharjoittelun toimistossa ensi kuussa. Vähän pitää olla virallinen, mutta ei liian virallinen ;D

      Delete
  4. Mukava postaus :)
    Kynähameet on kyllä jotain, mitä itsekin katselen kauempaa :D Musta tuntuu että ne huutaisi mun päällä tyyliin "katsoka kuinka tää korostaa mun pyllyä!!" Ehkä seuraavaksi sovituskopissa innostun vahingossa kokeilemaan^^

    Paranehan pian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mukavaa kuulla että oli mukava. :')
      Hahahaa! Sitähän ne tekee kyllä. Mutta ei se ole ollenkaan huono asia! :D Kokeile ihmeessä!

      Kiitos! ^^

      Delete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous!!! I can already imagine the combination of the shoes and skirts! <3

    http://unknownprettylies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! So many different combinations to be made! <3

      Delete